Thursday, December 15, 2011

Success in Sportswriting Endeavors

I just received this in my inbox:

Dave, 
Congratulations on your acceptance into the Bleacher Report Featured Columnist Program.

You should be proud to know that your body of work has set you apart from the field. After consideration from various members of our Content Team, we’ve decided that you’re the person we want to fill our Big 10 Featured Columnist position.

That said, I’m sure you’ll still want to weigh your options before you make a commitment.

 
YES YES YES!

The sports writing hobby has gone to new heights. I know B/R has a shaky reputation in some circles, but it is a step up from independent SCS where I get very few readers. I had a good week this week as both my articles popped well over 2000 reads (last night's article on Urban Meyer shot past 2000 in 12 hours).

Now I get featured placement on the website, which will keep my read count high. The only downside is the continued requirement for two articles a week during the offseason, but with writing one on the weekend that is not so bad. Especially with editors to help me generate topics, and the whole Big Ten conference providing topics. Plus it will be easier than this season when I tried to hit three a week for B/R and one big article a week for SCS. That was murder, and will not happen again.

But for tonight, despite my broken TV and my four day old cold, I've got a little jump for joy. Boo. Yeah.

No comments:

Post a Comment